Saturday, March 20, 2010

3 Tips for Tackling a Self Portrait

http://www.artistsnetwork.com/article/Three-Tips-for-Tackling-Your-Self-portrait/

I found this link helpful because the suggestions were very basic, right to the point, and make a lot of sense. The second two were ideas that I had never heard before when making a self portrait and the first is always good to be reminded of.

I may not be able to limit my time in Photoshop for the final project because of technical difficulties but it would be interesting to create a few quick sketches using the program, once a get the hang of the basics, just to see what happens.

Doing a self portrait in Photoshop would really allow manipulation and exaggeration of one's features. I don't know if I'll be able to manipulate an image in that way but there are other ways of going about that idea and I'm interested in incorporating this into my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment