Monday, April 5, 2010

Self-Portrait Qs

Teri Drennan

What is a self-portrait?
A self-portrait is a physical representation of a person’s core characteristics; the individual who is the subject creates it.

What are the distinctive things that make me "me"?
I have had some very unique experiences and have learned a variety of things from some very amazing people. I am hard working and loyal. I like to challenge myself and be pushed outside of my comfort zone. I started dance lessons when I was three, cello lessons when I was eight, and have been experimenting with art since I was able to draw on the walls. My immediate family is one of the most important aspects of my life and I look forward to starting my own.

How do I want people to see me?
However they choose to. I’ve learned that trying to be what others want all the time is a waste of energy. I strive to be the most respectful and honest I can be with all the people I meet, the rest is up to them.

How can I express my many different sides?
For this self-portrait project I have a variety of photos, capturing different aspects of my life. The placement, the interaction between the photos, and the language used will demonstrate my different sides. I can relate my life to the waves of the ocean. Sometimes are larger than life and very intense while other moments drift by calmly, tranquilly.

How can I reinvent myself for various purposes or times in my life?
Reinvention for me occurs when I remain entirely in the moment. When all of my attention is focused on the task at hand I am open to change, growth, and am able to put my best foot forward.



How am I changing from day to day or year to year?
Not at all how I would have expected. I tend to lean towards the overly analytical personality and constantly assume I know how things will turn out depending on certain actions. All I know is that I am certainly changing, I love every aspect of the change and I definitely don’t know how things will turn out.

Who do I want to become?
A positive influence on the world, a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment