Friday, February 12, 2010

Helpful site for Lesson Plan #1

http://www.lifestreamcenter.net/DrB/Lessons/phyla/index.htm

This is a link to a high school biology WebQuest. I found this while exploring the site and it helped to generate ideas for what my lesson will involve.

The WebQuest takes a very complex concept in science and breaks it down into simple steps so that the students can discover the information on their own. I immediately related this to how Tara Donovan works. Mimicking the building structures in nature she will build in a similar manner with unnatural materials. Before this happens she must understand the natural process that occurs.

I will use this WebQuest as a reference when I design my own that will require students to discover how natural structures grow, break down the process, and apply it to their own art making.

No comments:

Post a Comment